We need greener, cleaner, healthier and better connected travel and transport for South West Wales, for a transport system that meets the needs of businesses, serves communities, and improves well-being across the region.
We want to hear from YOU.
People, community groups, employers, businesses, professionals, campaigners, developers, decision-makers and policy-makers will come together for a major online conference in February 2021, to discuss regional transport and co-create a shared set of priorities and actions for South West Wales.
It’s time to take a fresh look at how we can better connect our region whilst reducing carbon emissions and improving health and well-being. This is an inclusive online event for car users, transport users, cyclists and pedestrians, even if you’ve never been involved in conversations about transport before. If you care about South West Wales and want to see our region flourish in the years to come, please get involved!
Spread over two consecutive mornings, the conference will provide an open forum to explore key challenges and opportunities – and design new solutions – making sure we are all listening to each other and moving forward together, towards a greener, cleaner, healthier, more inclusive and better connected transport system for our region.
- What would it really take for you to leave your car at home more often?
- What are the transport needs in your local community, and how can they be met?
- How do young people get around, and what do they want for the future?
- How does your business or employer address staff transport needs?
- What examples of travel and transport innovation have you seen working well?
- What small / medium / large investments would make the most difference where you live and work?
With an opening address from Lee Waters MS, Deputy Minister for Economy & Transport, Welsh Government.
If you represent an organisation, business or community group involved in travel and transport in Pembrokeshire, Carmarthenshire, Neath Port Talbot and/or Swansea, please get in touch about opportunities to showcase your work at this event. Email Zoe@4theregion.com
This event is organised by 4theRegion and Swansea Environmental Forum, sponsored by South West Wales Connected community rail partnership and Natural Resources Wales.