In partnership with Swansea Environmental Forum and Natural Resources Wales, we held a major transport conference for South West Wales, bringing together 160 people online, in February 2021 and tapped into the huge desire people have to discuss the issues surrounding the region’s transport system and get their voices heard.
Following the conference, we have pulled together all the notes from 8 hours of discussion to produce a Transport Manifesto for South West Wales. This document has been an exercise in co-production, reflecting the priorities and perspectives of a huge diversity of conference participants, and provides key actions that all of us can take forward, from Local Authorities to individuals, from businesses to community groups.
We want to keep this conversation going with a regular regional community-led transport forum through which people can engage meaningfully with decision-makers, transport operators and each other.
- What would it really take for you to leave your car at home more often?
- What are the transport needs in your local community, and how can they be met?
- How do young people get around, and what do they want for the future?
- How does your business or employer address staff transport needs?
- What examples of travel and transport innovation have you seen working well?
- What small / medium / large investments would make the most difference where you live and work?
We need greener, cleaner, healthier and better connected travel and transport for South West Wales, for a transport system that meets the needs of businesses, serves communities, and improves well-being across the region.
If you represent an organisation, business or community group involved in travel and transport in Pembrokeshire, Carmarthenshire, Neath Port Talbot and/or Swansea, please get in touch about opportunities to showcase your work at this event. Email Zoe@4theregion.com