The DVLA are hiring to fill a number of digital roles on both a remote-working basis and at their Swansea location. Find the details below:
Our vision is to be the best place to develop digital services and a dev-ops centre of excellence for all of government.
We’re looking for people who can:
- help us speed-up agile delivery by improving teamwork and process.
- challenge some of our conventions and ways of working with new ideas and experiences
- work with us to design and build more resilient and secure solutions by increasing our use of cloud services, modern design patterns and tools
DVLA is one of the largest employers in the region. We are proud of our heritage and the contribution we make to South Wales, the UK economy and the wider social good. Accelerating and expanding our digital evolution will create significant career opportunities for IT and digital talent.
These opportunities are unrivalled in the South Wales and South West region and represent a unique opportunity for you to make your mark in a career that matters.
Benefits DVLA can offer include:
- a great work-life balance with flexible working hours
- the best in class learning & development and developed career pathways
- digital communities with a dynamic social environment
- generous salary and pension
- an on-site gym plus personal training
- an on-site nursery, restaurants and coffee bar
- 25 days holiday, increasing by 1 each year (up to 30) plus bank holidays
- a range of staff networking groups to support all our colleagues
- free parking
- options to buy and sell annual leave
Lead Software Engineer – Fixed Term Salary: £49,835 – £60,649 depending on skills and experience. We may offer an additional ‘Digitech Allowance’ of up to £15,000 for candidates who demonstrate a high level of capability during assessment.
Senior Software Engineer – Fixed Term Salary: £37,803 – £42,991 depending on skills and experience. We may offer an additional ‘DigiTec Allowance’ of up to £4,000 for candidates who demonstrate a high level of capability during assessment.