Admin and Marketing Assistant
Admin and Marketing Assistant
- Part time 16-24 hours per week
- School-friendly hours
- City centre office location
- Real living wage £9.30 per hour
- Click here for the printable version of this Job Description
4theRegion is a membership alliance of businesses, organisations and individuals who are committed to creating a flourishing future for South West Wales. We run events, host conversations and lead grassroots projects across a range of different sectors, encouraging people and businesses to have a positive mindset about the region, and promoting collaboration towards shared outcomes. We are keen to engage everyone who lives in the region in our mission, including young people, community groups, professionals, businesses and third sector organisations. Our vision is to transform the region within a decade, in alignment with the following seven well-being goals:
- A prosperous region where local businesses are thriving, creating employment and reinvesting in their local communities in a way that regenerates the economy and the environment;
- A resilient region where strong, connected communities are able to withstand and adapt to the societal impacts of climate change, economic shocks and technological shifts;
- A more equal region where all young people have access to opportunity, where all jobs pay a living wage, and where everyone can live purposeful and dignified lives;
- A healthier region where the physical and mental health of all people is a priority, high quality food is available to all, and the environment is regenerated to provide universal well-being;
- Cohesive regional communities where diversity is valued, where we look after each other, and where people feel a sense of belonging, inclusion and ownership, whatever their background;
- A creative and vibrant culture that makes this region an exciting and attractive place to live, with opportunities to use and celebrate Welsh language and heritage;
- A globally responsible region where we are confidently leading the way in creating a circular economy and well-being for people and the planet, providing an example and an inspiration to others.
Our mission is to transform the region within a decade, by unlocking the potential of the region. Day to day, we are running lots of events and meetings, getting out and about building relationships with people, collecting information about what different people and businesses are doing, connecting the dots and facilitating collaboration, and sharing good news about positive things that are happening across South West Wales.
You can learn more about 4theRegion on our website at www.4theregion.org.uk
If you share our view that this is a brilliant place to live, work and visit, and want to help us make positive change happen for current and future generations, read on to learn more about our current vacancy.
About The Role
We are seeking an enthusiastic and proactive individual to join our small hardworking team, who shares our passion for Swansea and South West Wales, and wants to help us build relationships with people and businesses across the region.
This job involves…
- Event planning support
Supporting the marketing and promotion of events, identifying target audiences and encouraging them to attend, booking venues and catering, arranging photography, setting up Eventbrite pages, managing registrations and creating name badges.
- Member Relationships support
Emailing, phoning and meeting with members to involve them in events and projects, learning about their needs and aspirations, making connections and facilitating introductions between people.
Emailing people in a professional manner, creating short written articles for our blog and newsletter with updates on our activity and member news; attending meetings to take notes and create written reports; writing compelling social media posts.
- Digital Assistance
General digital marketing assistance including using all major social media platforms effectively; Able to learn new digital skills including basic Photoshop and InDesign skills to produce simple graphics for marketing and communications.
- General Office Admin
Calendar management, making appointments, emailing and responding to enquiries; Able to learn new admin skills where necessary including Xero, Google Docs, Spreadsheets, our Customer Relationship Management Software, Mailchimp etc.
The ideal person for this job is….
- Highly personable – You are likeable, approachable and someone who loves meeting people;
- Confident and friendly – You are someone who presents themselves well and enjoys talking to people;
- Fluent written skills – You are good at written communication, with correct spelling and punctuation;
- Organised and methodical – You are able to work in a professional and organised way as part of a team;
- Adaptable and willing to muck in – You’ll get on with whatever needs doing and use your initiative.
How to Apply
Applications can be submitted online via the following form. The closing date is Monday 9th December.
We are committed to providing equal opportunities and we do not discriminate based on gender, race, ethnicity, background or any other protected characteristics. To ensure a fair review of your application, we will not have access to your name or contact details until after you have been selected for interview. We value your lived experience as well as any work experience, so make sure you tell us how your past experiences have benefitted you and what skills you have gained. We are looking for someone with the right attitude rather than for specific qualifications. Relevant training will be provided on the job to help you acquire any specific skills you need.
We would prefer to receive applications via the online form. A paper version of this form is also available below, and you can send it to us at 28 Uplands Crescent, Swansea SA2 0PB. Alternatively, you can email your responses to mail@4theRegion.com
Click Here to Apply online now